Sunday, August 11, 2013

Beijing in Pictures

Today is our last day in Beijing. It has been a fun week but I am ready to move into our new home in Kunshan and leave behind the stifling smog. I thought I would share some pictures from the past few days as we wrap up our time here.

To start, I found this really cool Chinese ethnic heritage park close to the hotel. It was a giant maze full of relocated historical buildings, examples of the different landscapes in China, and newly created scenes depicting old China, Tibet, and even Korea.



Rice field!




This seemed so old world and out of place when I was walking down a street full of tall buildings. China is a strange clash of modern and old melded together over time.

One day when the smog cleared just a little.....we saw mountains in the distance! We were shocked because we had not been able to see that far out most of the time.

Cat themed bar.....with lots of cats. I don't know how this doesn't break some kind of health code but it was fun!


Vampire themed bar! I was very excited about this.
Thanks for reading. We are off to Kunshan tomorrow!

Love, Chelsea

3 comments:

  1. Vampire themed bar! What!

    Court

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be careful of the cats. Don't know if they are cared for. Wouldn't want rabies or something nasty.

    Scott

    ReplyDelete
  3. On to Kunshan. I had a student from China today and I told her about you guys. She said Kunshan was a very beautiful place. Connie

    ReplyDelete